[EnergyPlus_Support] problems with direct solar radiation

Hi Linda

Thanks a lot for the reply,

Nothing is confusing in the I/O doc. is just that as I'm not an English native speaker sometimes I get in doubt about some words and wants to double check - just paranoia! Sorry :(

I'll take the oportunity to ask you some more questions, one of them really worrying about the weather file.

I'm trying to run a simulation here and I'm getting a message saying:
** Warning ** Missing Data Found on Weather Data File
************* Missing "Direct Radiation", Number of items=  504
I've checked my weather file and noticed that as this field is missing it was assigned 9999. There's only global and diffuse data for radiation. Does E+ use this to calculate the direct one or this is not possible and consquently my results will be affected? I thought that as this couldn't be solved using the weather converter that E+ would work it out when simulating but I'm not sure it does. Can you please give me a light on that?

I also have 2 more questions which are just checks:

1) In the simulation parameters, when the shadowing calculation is set to 1 this means detailed calc correct?

2) In the Location - weather group, the field "day of the week for start day" refers to the day of the week for the first day of the year or the day of the week for the first day of the simulation set (which doesn't necessarily mean the first day of the year - can be user defined)?

Once again I thank you very much for the help and hope hearing from you soon

Best regards,

Clarice

Linda Lawrie <linda@xxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:
At 04:16 AM 8/30/2005, Clarice Bleil de Souza wrote:
>Does the field "maximum number of warm up days" refer to the
>presimulation days to allow model to reach an equilibrium?
>I've taken a look at the I/O reference and that's what it seems to
>be but I would like to double check. Can anybody confirm this to me please?

Yes.  What is confusing about the write up in the IO Reference?

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list
Member: EnergyPlus Development Team