From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of patrik_789
Sent: Thu 9/29/2005 11:36 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Chiller

Hello Sankar,

You wrote that I should use the component set point based control
object to control two chillers, which are connected in parallel.
But such a control mechanism seems not to be adequate, because if I
set the plant equip flow rate 1 and plant equip flow rate 2, the
simulation crash
I thought that those Flow rates are the proportioned flow rates of
the chillers, when one of those could not match the set point
temperature of plant loop.
In this case the whole mass flow of the plant loop should be divided
into:

%1 * whole mass flow = mass flow of the chiller 1 and
(1-%1) * whole mass flow =mass flow of the chiller 2.

In addition to that what I thought, I tried to auto size the plant
equip flow rate 1 and 2. The simulation hasn't crashed, but when I
had a look at the eio- file, the two following flow rates were
reported:

Component Sizing, COMPONENT SETPOINT BASED OPERATION, TEST SCHEME,
Design Volumetric Water Flow Rate [m3/s] Equipment # 1,  -99999.

Component Sizing, COMPONENT SETPOINT BASED OPERATION, TEST SCHEME,
Design Volumetric Water Flow Rate [m3/s] Equipment # 2,  -99999.

Could you please point us in the right direction toward the
solution, or could you explain us, how the component set point based
control object is intended to be used.

Best regards

Patrik

http://us.click.yahoo.com/T8sf5C/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/dkFolB/TM