Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: outside air temperature

Yes, you can use any value you like.  WinterDesignDay with a zero daily
range
will keep a constant temperature as will SummerDesignDay.  So yes,
you can set a 30C max with 0 temp range.  You can call it  SummerDesignDay
but you need to make sure that your schedules do what you want them to
do on SummerDesignDay.  If you need a "summer sun" position, use an
appropriate date (depending on latitude).

Start-->All Programs-->EnergyPlus V1-2-2 Programs-->DocMainMenu

Search on Design Days (pg 25, 55 of the InputOutputReference).
Also look at discussion of WinterDesignDay and SummerDesignDay
under Day Type in Schedules (pg 45, 78 of the pdf).

                      "deserteagle_zhou"
                      <yp5166@xxxxxxx>             To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                     cc:
                      EnergyPlus_Support@yaho      Subject:  [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: outside air temperature
                      ogroups.com

                      09/29/2005 09:34 PM           |--------------------------|
                      Please respond to             | ( ) Federal Record       |
                      EnergyPlus_Support            | (*) Not a Federal Record |
                                                    |--------------------------|

                                     User Filed as: Not Categorized in ERMS

        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
       |                                                                                    |
       | If this external e-mail is a record and you are the first EERE recipient, click the|
       |           'File to ERMS' button in the toolbar to categorize this e-mail           |
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Thank you , Dru,

Because I am testing a cooling mode for a certain equipment, I need
a fixed outdoor temperature 30DBC . Then can I  use SummerDesignDay
in Day Type instead of WinterDesignDay to accomplish this task?  OR
WinterDesignDay can  handle any temperature I want, i.e, -10C or 30C?
"Whatever" means I can customize  a  value I like, does not it?

John

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Drury.Crawley@e... wrote:

> John,
>
> You could create a weather file with timestep data--starting
> with a CSV--but EnergyPlus interpolates between the hourly
> data automatically.  So that if two hours have the same
temperature,
> the intermediate timesteps would as well.  The easiest way
> would be to take the one line (hour) of data that you want to
> set as your condition the entire year and duplicate that 8759
> times.  If you only copied the data to the right of the
> month/day/hour/minute
> fields, it should be OK.
>
> But has Linda Lawrie noted, you can also use the design days
> to do that--the Winter design days do just that.
> Set maximum temperature to whatever,  and daily range to 0.
>
> Search for Design Days in the documentation.
>
> Dru Crawley
>

>                       "deserteagle_zhou"

>                       <yp5166@1...>             To:
EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>                       Sent by:
cc:
>                       EnergyPlus_Support@yaho      Subject:
[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: outside air temerature

ogroups.com

>                       09/29/2005 09:23
AM

>                       Please respond