Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Combination of the OA unit system and Fancoil unit system

Whenever there is a sizing question, the first place to look is in the eio
output file at the sizing reports.  One this to note (which is not discussed in
the Input Output Reference) is that the sizing algorithms do no know how to
split loads between multiple systems.  Each system serving a zone will be sized
to meet the full load of the zone.  For this system type to work, you will
probably need to specify the supply air flow rate for one system or the other.
Some issues I've noticed so far:

1.  The coil component sizing report lists "COIL:Water:Cooling, RESISTIVE
ZONE_FANCOILCOOLINGCOIL, Design Air Inlet Temperature [C],   13.000" and
"Design Air Outlet Temperature [C],   14.000".  This is why the coil water flow
is sizing to zero.  The 13C inlet temperature is coming from the SYSTEM SIZING
object - this appears to be a program error.  I will ask someone else to look
at this more closely.  Changing the SYSTEM SIZING cooling supply air
temperature to 15C allows the run to continue past this point.

2.  The CONTROLLER:OUTSIDE AIR, OA CONTROLLER, minimum outside air flow rate
[m3/s] is 0.0000.  There is no outside air in the OA system.  The ZONE SIZING
objects indicate an outside air flow per person, but there are no PEOPLE
objects, so this becomes zero.

Mike

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support