Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Coil Autosizing Problem

This is a version 1.2.2 message.  Version 1.2.3 reports:

   ** Warning ** Calculated design heating load for zone=PER1-1 is zero.
   **   ~~~   ** Check ZONE SIZING and ZONE CONTROL:THERMOSTATIC inputs.

The design heating load is zero for all but the top floor perimeter zones.  Is
this correct?  It might be.  Check the levels of internal gains, check the
thermal properties of the walls, check the temperatures on the heating design
day.

There are many node connection errors, because the chilled water coils have
typos in the leaving water node names.  For example, FCper1-1ChWIOutletNode
should be FCper1-1ChWOutletNode.  This pattern repeats in all of the chilled
water coils.

The fan coil fans are running 24/7, with a 0C heating setpoint at night.  This
makes the building very cold overnight.  Either the fans should be scheduled
off or a reasonable nighttime setback temperature should be specified.

The boilers are not autosized, and they are not large enough, so the heating
setpoints cannot be maintained.

Autosizing the heating coils and the boilers helps, but the autosizing
calculation does not see that the building mass will get so cold from the fans
running all night.  Specifying a 15C nighttime setback temperature results in
good heating control.  Or shut off the fans at night.

Mike

On 17 Nov 2005, at 7:13, energypluser wrote:

> Dear all
>
> I configurate a heating coil for a fan coil system. But when I do the
> design day simulation for autosizing. These messages show up. And I
> have changed the UA value, the heating design day data amd the supply
> air temp. But the messages still there.
> Please help me
> Thank you in advance
>
> Charlie
>
>   ** Warning ** The design coil load is zero for
> COIL:Water:SimpleHeating PER1-1HC
>    **   ~~~   ** The autosize value for max water flow rate is zero
>    **   ~~~   ** To change this, input a value for UA, change the
> heating design day, or lower
>    **   ~~~   **   the system heating design supply air temperature

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support