[EnergyPlus_Support] simulation comparion

Hi all,

Given that replacing a VAV system with a Fancoil plus Outdoor-air
system, (any other parts and setpoints in the building kept all the
same) , which one  would consume less energy typically in practice ?

 An all-air system usually uses much more energy than a water-air
system,even though it is an energy-efficient VAV system, doesn't it?

In my simulation, it is the Fancoil+fresh air system that uses less
electricity. The central AHU fan in VAV system consumes about 10 times
as the summation of all the fancoil's fans. I noticed "Delta Pressure"
can influnce the simulation results signifcantly in the
Fan:simple:variableVlolume object, as a approx proportional
relationship. Since it can not be autosized , I use an estimated value
of 1300Pa for a 8000m2 building.

Eventhough I use a small value there, say, 300Pa, the VAV still use
more energy. I guess it could be right since transporting air could
lead to a larger energy usage than water. Could anyone expirienced give
your inlight on this issue?

Thank you.
Eric

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2jUsvC/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/dkFolB/TM