[EnergyPlus_Support] Boiler name longer than 40 chars cause strange results!

Linda, Mike,
I have a simple one zone model with a baseboard heater as the only
system. The baseboard heater is served by a Boiler:simple.
First, I run one simulation with purchased air, so I know the zone
needs about 1000W to reach the setpoint. Then I calculated the UA
value and flowrates for the baseboard heater manually. Using this
values in the baseboard heater and the plant loop results in zone
temperatures of about 7°C (no errors, no warnings except that the
warmup did not convergence). So my first thought was, that my manually
calculated values are wrong, so I used autosizing to verify the
values. But the manually calculated differs only a little from that
one from the autosizing run. So what was the problem? I created the
model step by step once again, and now it works without any problems.
Checking the differences I'll found that the crucial thing is the
length of the boiler name!!!! The boiler with the name 'Plant Heating
Baseboard-xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx' (41 chars) give strange results, whereas
a boiler with the name 'Plant Heating Baseboard-xxxxxxxxxx xxxxx' (40
chars) gives the espected results!

I will upload the files with the name boilerNameProblem.zip

Christian

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2jUsvC/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/dkFolB/TM