[EnergyPlus_Support] Window shading

Hello Linda,

We have a strange problem with EnergyPlus.  We have defined 2 rooms,
room A and room B.  Room A is north of room B.  Room A has a north
facing window. Room B has a south facing window.

We now place external window fins on the south facing window in room
B.  This shades the south facing window as expected, but
unexpectedly, the fins also shade the north facing window in room A,
early morning and late evening.  Further, the problem only occurs if
you have more than 5 fins!, less than 5 fins and no shading occurs on
the north window, as you would expect.

We have drilled down on this problem, as we thought we may have got
the geometry wrong, but I dont think we have.  We further replaced
the fins with "Surface:Shading:Detached:Building" objects and we got
the very same problem when we had >5 shading objects.

We have two input files to demoonstarate the problem :  5fins.idf and
6fins.idf, together with a weather file in.epw - how can I send these
files to you?

Any comments would be appreciated

Tony Baxter
Hevacomp