Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Trench Heating for moderating window condensation

Hi,

  I not sure about the term 'baseboard heater' but what i understand about trennch heating, they are employed to avoid cold draft cused due to large glazed facade. These heating systems are not designed for condensation prevention. Probably it will prevent condensation at lower levels of the facade but near the ceiling it would be any bodies guess, If the rate of ventilation is not couping with the latent load of the zone.

  I would suggest to simulate by making the facade glazing into 300mm hieght paneland check the surface temperature of eacch panel to give you detailed understanding of trench heater.

  Regards

  Kafeel lodhi

Elmer Morrissey <elmofuddly@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi all,

Can anyone give me some preliminary advice on simulating trench
heating in E+? I want to use it to control the effects of it and
attempt to advice a client if they can turn it off and not find
condensation on an extremely large glazed façade.

I have considered using a baseboard heater linked to the hot water
plant. Is this the best way forward?

Kind regards

-Elmer

        Medical software program   Email software program   Cad software program     Backup software program   Anti virus software program