Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] COMIS + nodes

The Air Mass Flow FromZone to ToZone report variable describes the air
flow across a surface (from an external node to a zone node).

 The external node you describe is required (or not) based on the input
for the COMIS Simulation object.

 From the IO Reference manual:

COMIS Simulation object

Field:  Wind Pressure Coefficients

Determines whether the wind pressure coefficients are input or
calculated. The choices are INPUT or SURFACE-AVERAGE CALCULATION.

If INPUT, you must enter a COMIS CP Array object, one or more COMIS
External Node objects and one or more COMIS CP Values objects.

The second choice, SURFACE-AVERAGE CALCULATION, should only be used for
rectangular buildings. In this case surface-average wind pressure
coefficients vs. wind direction are calculated by the program for the
four vertical facades and the roof based on your entries for "Building
Type," "Azimuth Angle of Long Axis of Building," and "Ratio of Building
Width Along Short Axis to Width Along Long Axis" (see description of the
following three fields). With this choice you do not have to enter any
of the following objects: COMIS CP Array, COMIS External Node and COMIS
CP Values. The calculated wind pressure coefficients are shown in the
eplusout.cif file (see "The COMIS Input File," below).

Use this method when the wind pressure coefficients field is set to INPUT:

COMIS EXTERNAL NODE,
  SFacade,         !- Name
  1.0;             !- Outside Pollutant Concentration Factor {dimensionless}

COMIS SURFACE DATA,
  Surface_1,       !- Name of Associated EnergyPlus Surface
  CR-1,            !- Name of Air Flow Crack or Opening Type
  SFacade,         !- External Node Name
  1;               !- Crack Actual Value or Window Open Factor for
Ventilation {dimensionless}

Use this method when the wind pressure coefficients field is set to
SURFACE-AVERAGE CALCULATION:

COMIS SURFACE DATA,
  Surface_1,        !- Name of Associated EnergyPlus Surface
  CR-1,             !- Name of Air Flow Crack or Opening Type
  ,                 !- External Node Name
  1;                !- Crack Actual Value or Window Open Factor for
Ventilation {dimensionless}

For COMIS inputs you do not specify an internal node in a zone, use the
zone name in the COMIS Zone Data objects and a surface name in the COMIS
Surface Data object.

So try outputting the Air Mass Flow FromZone to ToZone and Air Mass Flow
ToZone to FromZone report variables and see what happens.

sebastian.coene wrote:

> hi,
>
> My question:
>
> I have a 1 zone model and use comis for natural ventilation. Now, i
> want to know mass flow through two openings on oppostite sides of the
> zone.
> I must define 2 external nodes at each of the two windows through wich
> the air flows.
>
> BUT can i define a node in the middle of the zone for use only in
> COMIS?  I can't find it in the manual? Only thing i can find is the
> defining of nodes for all types of mechanical ventilation.
> Or do i use 'Air mass flow from fromzone to tozone' for this?
>
> Any one knows the answer? Or how to define internal nodes for use in
> COMIS?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Sebastian

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.
>
> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and
> press the "search" button.

> Cad software program
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Cad+software+program&w1=Cad+software+program&w2=Email+software+program&w3=Backup+software+program&w4=Medical+software+program&w5=Anti+virus+software+program&c=5&s=146&.sig=eqfhQhDwpu_VBHaOiX9HIQ>
> 	Email software program
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Email+software+program&w1=Cad+software+program&w2=Email+software+program&w3=Backup+software+program&w4=Medical+software+program&w5=Anti+virus+software+program&c=5&s=146&.sig=hBUo719JjplSg8wU8KQ62w>
> 	Backup software program
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Backup+software+program&w1=Cad+software+program&w2=Email+software+program&w3=Backup+software+program&w4=Medical+software+program&w5=Anti+virus+software+program&c=5&s=146&.sig=c85uhCO4ScZPkcUtOvIHQw>
>
> Medical software program
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Medical+software+program&w1=Cad+software+program&w2=Email+software+program&w3=Backup+software+program&w4=Medical+software+program&w5=Anti+virus+software+program&c=5&s=146&.sig=xgVCp-NLxcTASSIC0cipiA>
> 	Anti virus software program
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Anti+virus+software+program&w1=Cad+software+program&w2=Email+software+program&w3=Backup+software+program&w4=Medical+software+program&w5=Anti+virus+software+program&c=5&s=146&.sig=H-ox6swNQPyzOfoSuOYcIQ>

>     *  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of

Richard A. Raustad
Senior Research Engineer
Florida Solar Energy Center
University of Central Florida
1679 Clearlake Road
Cocoa, FL  32922-5703
Phone:   (321) 638-1454
Fax:     (321) 638-1439 or 1010
Visit our web site at: http://www.fsec.ucf.edu

UCF - From Promise to Prominence: Celebrating 40 Years