RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] underfloor heating

Sebastian,

You could use a low temp radiant Systems for modelling underfloor heating,
but it isn't exactly simple.  I have been experimenting recently with the
high temp radiant system which has a simpler definition.   You can set up
the high temp radiant system to emit all of its radiant heat into the floor
surface and this seems to give believable results.

Of course, the heat should really be injected within the floor construction,
but provided the underfloor heating system you are trying to model has coils
fairly close to the surface this method should provide good results.

The next version of DesignBuilder will have an option for high-temperature
radiant systems using this mechanism. You can get a working prerelease from
the DesignBuilder website:

 www.designbuilder.co.uk/downloads

Look under the Pre-release and beta test section at the bottom of the page
for version 1.1.0.002.

I hope this helps.

Andy Tindale
DesignBuilder Software