Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] underfloor heating

Reference ExampleFiles\RadLoHydrHeatCoolAuto.idf.  The objects required to
defined a low temp radiant floor are:

CONSTRUCTION WITH INTERNAL SOURCE
LOW TEMP RADIANT SYSTEM:HYDRONIC

plus the usual zone control objects required for any HVAC systems (ZONE
CONTROL:THERMOSTATIC, CONTROLLED ZONE EQUIP CONFIGURATION, ZONE EQUIPMENT LIST)
and plant loops and branches to connect it to the boiler.

LOW TEMP RADIANT SYSTEM:HYDRONIC requires specification of the "Hydronic tubing
inside diameter" and the tubing length and water flow rate can be autosized.

Mike

On 20 Mar 2006 at 20:59, sebastian.coene wrote:

> hi, a second question for today
>
> What is the way to implement underfloor heating in a simple way? I
> thought about using a low temp radiant system? If this is a good
> choice, do I need to make another object because I don't see a link
> with any other objects? (except for the nodes offcourse)
>

> greets,
> Sebastian

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support