[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Electric Chiller: air cooled

Hi Richard,

I checked that out and I am still getting all the same problems.
I've subbitted the file called in CC.idf  to the problems submittals
section. I really appreciate the help.

Kind regards

-Elmer

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Richard Raustad
<RRaustad@...> wrote:

> Even a constant volume plant should shut down when there is no
call for
> cooling. Are you sure there is no flow through any of the cooling
coils?
> Is the demand side bypass pipe flow rate EQUAL to the supply side
flow
> rate at these times? If there is no flow through any cooling coils
and
> the demand bypass is equal to the supply flow rate (these are the
first
> checks to be verified), then submit your file to the EnergyPlus
Support
> Group for further study.
>
> Elmer Morrissey wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > That makes sense. I had a constant volumetric flow rate, so even
> > though the unit was not required to do any work (the cooling
coil's
> > operations was never requested), the system WAS requesting 7C at
the
> > outlet of the loop year round.
> >
> > I scheduled this loop to off during the winter months. This took
> > care of the errors however I noticed that there is still a flow
> > through the system!!!? Any idea why this would remain operating?
> >
> > However, I still have two issues with the system.
> >
> > (1) In the summer, the system is not pulling the cooling coil air
> > outlet node temp to 12C. It gets close, but never all the way
during
> > peak times. The system if fully autosized..
> >
> > (2) The .err file says that "Loads Initialization did not
Converge
> > (CheckWarmupConvergence)"
> >
> > I've tried increasing the warmup days to 40 but this doesn't
seem to
> > have an effect.
> >
> > Kind regards
> >
> > -Elmer
> >

> > --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Richard Raustad
> > <RRaustad@> wrote:
> > >
> > > The message is warning you that an "air cooled" chiller is
> > operating
> > > when outdoor temperatures are below 0C. This type of operation
> > could
> > > freeze the chiller barrel and damage the unit. Good thing it is
> > only a
> > > simulation. What type of loads are in your building that
require
> > cooling
> > > when it is 0C outside? How about scheduling you chiller off in
the
> > > winter and using an economizer.

> > in

> > below 0C