Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] about doublefacade

 If the double-facade space is open from bottom to top, then it could be
modeled as a single thermal zone that is 8 stories high.  The outside surface
would be one surface 8 stories high.  The inside wall would be 8 surfaces
stacked on top of each other (assuming that is interacts with 8 different
interior zones).

If the double-facade space must be divided into multiple thermal zones, then
you would use either MIXING or CROSS MIXING for simple specified airflows
between the zones.  Or a full airflow network could also be described using the
COMIS model instead of the simple mixing and cross mixing.

What is the function of the steel grating?  If it is simply to shade some of
the solar gains, then it could be modeled as an interior or exterior shade or
blind.

Mike

On 4 Apr 2006 at 0:37,  wrote:

> hi
>   i ask you something.
>
>   i make the double facade. I am studying by example files.
>
>   And there are doublefacade.idf.
>
>   It is one story building
>
>   But what i'm trying to do is multystory about 8 stories.
>
>   how the air pass through floor and celing in the double facade zone?
>
>   How can i control this? do i have to use only celing and floor?
>
>   and another question.
>
>   can i use material called "steel grating"
>
>   Steal grating is using in double facade but i don't know how to use this?
>
>   if you have any advice. please help me.
>
>   thanks advance.

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support