Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Errors in some zones and not others

Thanks for that explanation. I have uploaded my file again ­ the
temperatures are not converging even with the changes belo and a simpler
system. The file is ³20_SYSTEM_CHANGES.idf. I have also tried putting
temperature limits on the economiser with little change to temperature
convergence and some unexpected results. I am not convinced my autosizing
inputs and the reheat manager are agreeing with each other. The example
files I have found give conflicting information on typical temperatures for
autosizing. Is this where I am going wrong? My main goal at this stage is to
have this system meeting its setpoints with autosized inputs. Thanks in
advance

Sam

On 4/14/06 10:50 AM, "Michael J. Witte" <mjwitte@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]
>     Zone 1 Supply Air Temp Nodes,  !- Node List Name
>     Zone 1 Cooling Coil Outlet Node,  !- Node_ID_1
>     Zone 1 Air Loop Outlet Node; !- Node_ID_2
>
> Next, we have the set point manager
>
> Original - SET POINT MANAGER:SINGLE ZONE REHEAT,
>     Zone 1 Air Temp Manager, !- Name
> <snip>
>     Zone 1 Cooling Coil Outlet Node;  !- Name of the set point Node . . .
>
> Modified - SET POINT MANAGER:SINGLE ZONE REHEAT,
>     Zone 1 Air Temp Manager, !- Name
> <snip>
>     Zone 1 Supply Air Temp Nodes;  !- Name of the set point Node . . .
>
> This now applies the same set point to two nodes, the node leaving the cooling
> coil *and* the node leaving the heating coil.  The reason you need this is
> because the TEMPandHUMRAT control will lower the setpoint at the node leaving
> the cooling coil when additional dehumidification is required.  The setpoint
> on
> the heating coil leaving node remains untouched by the humidity controls, and
> so the heating coil knows how much to reheat the overcooled air.
>
> Then for the controllers, the cooling coil controller should use "Zone 1
> Cooling Coil Outlet Node" as the control node, and the heating coil should use
> "Zone 1 Air Loop Outlet Node" as the control node.  Likewise, of course, for
> the other similar systems.
>
> Regarding the system configuration, if you intend to have just one zone per
> system, the easiest approach would be to delete the heating coil in the main
> air branch (and its controller) and just let the reheat coil in the SINGLE
> DUCT:CONST VOLUME:REHEAT terminal unit handle all heating and reheating.  Then
> all of the above becomes moot, and the original controls should work fine for
> the cooling coil (assuming the TEMPandHUMRAT fix is in place).  Or keep the
> central heating coil and change the SINGLE DUCT:CONST VOLUME:REHEAT terminal
> units to DIRECT AIR (which does not require and AIR DISTRIBUTION UNIT object).
>
> Mike
>

> On 13 Apr 2006 at 17:21, Sam Roose wrote:
>
>> > Thanks Mike ­ should have seen the humidity rate issue. I still have the
>> > same errors as before, although I have sent an updated attempt based on the
>> > 5ZoneBoilerOutsideAirReset example file (in terms of the nodes used at
>> > least). This is called ³20_Node_Changes²
>> >
>> > Referring to reply 2b, my attempts to run a simulation with the separate
>> > single zone reheat node list did not work. I gather the approach is to
>> leave
>> > the existing node list as they are and make a new one for the ³single zone
>> > reheat² control? I am not sure I understand the instructions or the need >>
for
>> > two node Ids in that case.
>> >
>> > You make a good point about the heating coil within the air loop and the
>> > reheat coil being excessive. Is there an example file with just a cooling
>> > coil and a heating coil in an air loop? I can¹t seem to find one. Thanks >>

Loop
List"