Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Severe ** Building Object: Deprecated field

On 21 Apr 2006 at 7:37, daiounomiso wrote:

> I'm sorry but I have another easy question.
> I can select Fuel Type of some objects as Boiler from lists in IDF
> Editor.
> There are FuelOil#1 and FuelOil#2 in the lists.
> What are FuelOil#1 and FuelOil#2?

This is somewhat flexible.  Fuel types in EnergyPlus, in almost all cases
provide a bin to add up the consumption of different fuel types.  The heat
content or other properties of the fuel are only important when using
"Environmental Impact Factors" and "Fuel Factors" objects to calculate
environmental emissions.

Fuel oil comes in many varieties from heavy to light, so these are two generic
fuel oil bins which the user can define as needed. The data sets provided in
"Fossil Fuel Environmental Impact Factors.idf" define these according to US EPA
standard properties and include properties for more than one grade of fuel oil.

I hope that helps, it is a bit confusing.  But if you are not using
environmental factors, it does not matter.  Just specify FuelOil#1 and the
total Joules of fuel oil consumption will be summed up for any equipment which
uses oil.

Mike

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support