Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] static pressure setpoint

Cliff,

You can't set the supply duct static pressure setpoint in EnergyPlus.
The delta pressure is
static pressure. It is used to calculate the fan design energy
consumption. The actual performance
is calculated by fractional power versus fractional flow curves. This is
explained in the
Engineering Reference document. The fan power calculations are done in
the same manner as
in DOE-2. The curves are the same. EnergyPlus does not normally compute
duct pressures. The AirFlowNetwork
capability can do so, but this is not coupled to the fan model. You can
not use a Controller object to
control duct static pressure.

To calculate "real" fan performance it would be necessary to calculate
EnergyPlus fan curve coefficients
outside of EnergyPlus, using at least a simple pressure-dependent duct
model and a more sophisticated
fan model, perhaps the one developed by Jeff Stein and Mark Hydeman. We
are working on providing such a
calculation, but it is not available yet.

Fred Buhl

http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/dkFolB/TM