Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Sensible Heat Ratio (SHR) Autosizing is always 0.65

The EnergyPlus autosizing calculations are currently driven by sensible load
requirements (which established the air volume flow rates) and the user-
specified supply air humidity ratios (in the SYSTEM SIZING object in this
case).  Note that the DX coil SHR is at ARI rated conditions, so the autosized
SHR uses the ARI rated entering conditions and the user-specified leaving
conditions.  So, you should see a change if you alter the cooling supply
humidity ratio in the SYSTEM SIZING object.

Mike

On 24 May 2006 at 7:22, age.rowe wrote:

> Hi.
> Whenever I ask EnergyPlus to autosize the SHR for a coil
> (DX:CoolingByPassFactorEmpirical) it always returns a value of about
> 0.64. This is the case whether the room has a high or low sensible to
> latent load (eg. meeting room v. computer room for a given size).
> What factors or inputs determine the SHR?
> Should it be changing depending on the ratio of latent to sensible for
> given size room?
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Adrian

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support