Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Economics:Component Cost:Line Item - unused fields

At 05:37 AM 5/31/2006, christian1855 wrote:

>Dear Linda,
>with EnergyPlus I can calcluate construction costs and utility bills
>using the 'Economics' objects. But in the object 'Economics:Component
>Cost:Line Item' there are several fields which are not yet used (e.g.
>for maintenance or repair).
>
>1.) Is there any plan when these fields will be activated?

I'm not sure when it is ear marked for.

>2.) Is there any plan to extend the E+ functionality to calculate also
>the payback time of additional/new equipment or enhanced thermal
>protection of the building.

We have some semi plans to either produce a file suitable for helping
the user perform life cycle costing OR have some kind of life cycle
costing/simple payback/discounted payback come out of EnergyPlus.

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list
Member: EnergyPlus Development Team