[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: autosize the heat recovery loop

Check the component sizing reports in the eio output file.  I suspect
that the flow rate in the heat recovery loop is sizing to zero, which
explains why there is no flow.  There is a known problem related to
plant loop autosizing when the component flow rates are not
autosizable.  This is part of the problem you are having.  You will
not be able to autosize the flow rate of the heat recovery loop.

Mike

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "energypluser"
<energypluser@...> wrote:

> Hi, all
>
> If I want to autosize the heat recovery loop, which type of loop
should be input in the field of
> plant sizing ?
> I used a water heater to recover the exhaust heat from an IC engine
and supply hot water to
> the HVAC terminals.
> There is no node-branch connection error in my idf file.( I can get
the correct svg file)
> But I find that my pump in the heat recovery looop does not work. I
mean there is no flow
> getting through the pump.
> Therefore, the water heater uses the electrical heater to keep the
water temperature in the
> allowed range.
> I have compare my file with the example file
"HeatRecoveryPlantLoop.idf". The setpoint

http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/dkFolB/TM