Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: EnergyPlus crashed on Virtual PC

Some comments from a Mac user . . .

"You might just suggest that this user upgrade to the latest version  of
EnergyPlus.  I don't recall when we changed to the Intel compiler,  but I
noticed that I could run many more input files after that.   Previously, I had
to compile my own version on VirtualPC in order to  have something that would
run files with all the blinds and shades  materials appended. I had little
trouble with at least the two latest  versions.  But, there definitely can be
input  files that for some reason will not work in VirtualPC."

Hope that helps,

Mike

On 19 Jun 2006 at 2:20, energypluser wrote:

> Hi, Linda
>
> I am using an ibook G4 (PPC 1.2G) with the Mac OSX 10.4.6 and VPC 7.0.2
> (latest version).
> The guest OS of Windows is Windows 2000 SP4. EnergyPlus is version 1.2.2
> I just do not understand why the example files from EnergyPlus can be
> simulated but the file I
> made can not.
> I will upload the idf file today.
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> mac.cz

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support