Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Total or sensible heat

I am sorry, but I do not understand the question about the electric heater.
Are you planning to do a physical (real life) experiment?

The internal heat gain variables are defined in the Input Output Reference (see
p. 195, pdf p. 232).  These do not include any heating added by the HVAC
system.

Mike

On 9 Jul 2006 at 12:52, eric_zhou1223 wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am studying the internal gains 's impact on humen comfort by a
> small test..
> The sensible heat and the latent heat emitted by humans can be
> evaluated through some empirical values in handbooks.
> Now I need to decide the size of the electric heater in my test.
> Should I choose the Total heat value emitted by humans or the
> Sensible heat only to make the sizing decision?
>
> It seems I should use Sensible heat to size my electric heater. Am I
> right?
>
> SOunds like a conceptual issue..
>
> Besides, among "Zone,Sum,Zone Total Internal Total Heat Gain
> [J]","Zone,Sum,Zone Total Internal Convective Heat Gain
> [J]", "Zone,Sum,Zone Total Internal Radiant Heat Gain [J]" and the
> summation of the latter two variables, which one can account for the
> supplementary heating in winter seasons?
>
> I still think the "sensibe" part should be considered as a part of
> heating ammount,working along with the HVAC equipments, whilst
> the "latent" part be ignored since it could not be controlled..
>
> I would appreciate any instructions and help.
>
> Eric

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support