From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of aboyemeplus
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 2:17 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Heat Transfer Surface geometry

1) All roofs/floors with more than 4 sides do not appear on the
graphical representation of the building model. Is this due to loss of
information when data is translated from EnergyPlus to CAD? Has anyone
else experienced this situation?

2) I am modeling the floors of a "Plenum Zone" as the respective
ceilings of the zones below. In other words, I am using the same
vertice coordinates for both surfaces but I am designating their
surface types as Ceiling and Floor. EnergyPlus calculates the Tilt
angle of the floors as 0.0 instead of 180. On pg 129 of the I/O
reference, it is stated that any vertex can be chosen as the starting
position for horizontal surfaces, as long as the VertexEntry
convention is followed. Are there other parameters beside "surface
type" and "vertice coordinates" used in coming up with the tilt angle
of a surface? Don't quite understand why the floors have tilt angles
of 0.0.

Thank you for your support.

Merid

http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/dkFolB/TM