From: fred buhl wfbuhl@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 13:14:56 -0700
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] AHU Test

The Controllers on the water coils operate sequentially. In this case
the cooling
coil controller needs to go first, and the HW coil controller second. So
change
your input:

CONTROLLER LIST,
    AHU1:ControlList,        !- Name
    Controller:Simple,       !- Controller Type 1
    HC:Controller,           !- Controller Name 1
    Controller:Simple,       !- Controller Type 2
    CC:Controller;           !- Controller Name 2

to:

CONTROLLER LIST,
    AHU1:ControlList,        !- Name

Elmer Morrissey wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I am having difficulty with the controls on an AHU. The AHU consists of:
>
>Fresh Air -> Cooling Coil -> Heating Coil -> Supply Fan -> Zone
>
>The run period takes place over the first seven days in London. The
>AHU is a constant volume system
>
>The cooling coil cools the air to 11.5C
>The heating coil heats the air back up to 16C
>
>Unfortunately, the heating coil does not engage adequately. After
>numerous attempts, it seems that the heating coil does not `sense'
>that the air has been cooled to 11.5C. The heating coil is only
>engaged when the outside air is below 16C (it does not realise that
>the air has been cooled by the cooling coil).
>
>I have uploaded my file to the problem submittals. It is called Test
>baseboardAHU1.idf .
>
>Additional Info:
>
>All additional heating in the zone is supplemented by a baseboard
>heater system and the zone is maintained at 23C. As outlined
>previously, the system is a full fresh air constant volume system.
>Regardless of the outside conditions, I require the air to be cooled
>to 11.5C and heated to 16C before it hits the supply fan. It is
>supplied directly to the zone after this.
>
>Can anyone spot how I may fix this problem?
>
>Kind regards
>
>-Elmer Morrissey
>

>The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
>http://www.energyplus.gov
>
>The group web site is:
>
>Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate
folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.

http://mail2web.com/ .

http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/dkFolB/TM