Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Plant Demand Error

In the input file, the only report variable I see at the zone level is
"Zone/Sys Sensible Cooling Rate".  This does not include latent cooling load,
and it is the net cooling provided to the space.  The chilled water coil in the
fan coil unit must offset the fan heat and the chillers/purchased cooling must
offset pump heat in addition to that.  To follow this, you also need to report
the cooling coil total load, pump heat that is added to the fluid.

Also, note that "Plant Loop Cooling Demand" represents the cooling required to
bring the plant loop to its setpoint.  If for any reason, the loop is not
holding setpoint, this value will not match the current loads on the loop.  It
is best to compare the coil load plus pump heat with the chiller evap heat
transfer rate plus purchased cooling rate.

Mike

On 18 Jul 2006 at 14:46, energypluser wrote:

> Dear all
>
> I use two fan coil units to serve two zones, which are supplied by a purchased
> chilled water
> and a constant cop.
> The output of the design day simulation shows that: the cooling demand of the
> two fan coil
> units is less than 25kW, but the plant cooling demand is around 35kW.
> There are only two fan coil units in the cooling water loop.
> I really do not understand how EnergyPlus can give these results
> I upload the file named as PDE.idf
> Please check it and give me some advice.
> Thank you in advance
>
> mac.cz

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support