Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Basement program input

1.  Alongside the walls.  These three fields go together:

Field N3: This specifies the width of the gravel "fill" bed beside the basement
wall.
Field N4: This specifies the depth of the gravel fill above the floor slab.
Field N5: This specifies the depth of the gravel fill below the floor slab.

2.  There is an "A/P ratio" in the EquivSlab object.  This is the area to
perimeter ratio of the floor slab only.  I do not know if the 3-D grid
subdivides the interior space, but this would expect this to have little impact
on the results.

Mike

On 19 Jul 2006 at 20:02, aboyemeplus wrote:

> Please explain the following input fields for me.
>
> 1) "Gravel fill above the floor slab"
> Is this gravel fill above the basement floor alongside the walls?
> Or,is it refering to gravel fill above the slab covering a totally
> underground building?
>
> 2) "Aspect Ratio"
> Should the AR be based on the entire heat transfer surface of the
> underground structure or a single wall? Is the 3-D grid generated for
> the entire basement, including the enclosed space? Or, does the
> program generate 3-D grids for each wall and floor slab?
>
> Thank you for the support.
>
> Merid

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support