[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Opaque Surface Inside Face Conduction

Mike,

Mike,

I have implemented your suggestion below and made the model as
simple as possible by using Regular-R materials on all construction
elements, no internal loads, and by setting thermal absorptance to
low values.The results obtained from design day simulations using
this model are very similar to what I had obtained when using
regular materials. Is there anything else that I need to set to
force a steady-state solution?

Thank you for your support.

Merid

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael J. Witte"
<mjwitte@...> wrote:

> Read carefully the definition of this report variable in the Input
Output
> Reference.  Because surfaces can store heat, the outside surface
temperature
> has little to do with the current value of inside face
conduction.  The indoor
> air temperature, the inside surface temperature, and the balance
of radiant and
> solar energy falling on the inside surface will determine the
direction of
> inside face conduction heat flow.  I would suggest making the
model as simple
> as possible (no sun, steady-state, no internal gains, and perhaps
even set
> thermal absorptance to something very small to minimize radiant
transfer
> between surfaces) to first convince yourself things are working
OK.  Then add