Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Questionable Daylight Results

That does seem unintuitive.  It is possible to add reflections from shading
surfaces, but the default is no reflections (see BUILDING and SHADING SURFACE
REFLECTANCE).  If you still have questions on this result, please upload the
file to the yahoo group files area or send as a zipped attachment to energyplus-
support@xxxxxxxx

Mike

On 4 Aug 2006 at 12:30, Edward G. Lyon wrote:

> I am simulating the daylight in 3 rooms of a three story house with almost
> west facing windows.  My model includes a near by shading building.  I am
> comparing the average values of zone light maps for 2 conditions. Condition 1
> is the existing shade building, Condition 2 is the existing shade building
> with a slightly higher roof.
>
> Generally I have the expected result, that is there is less light in my
> building when the shading building is taller.  However, late in the year the
> first floor is indicating more light in the room for some hours when the shade
> building is taller.
>
> I don't see any input parameters for the shade building color.  Is there a
> ground reflectance associated with the shade building that would cause more
> light to enter the first floor window when the shade building is taller?
>
> Ned Lyon, Staff Consultant
>
> Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc.
> 41 Seyon Street, Bldg 1 Suite 500
> Waltham, Massachusetts  02453
>
> 781-907-9350 direct

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support