Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Purchased Air settings

1)  These are just common sense values, nothing particularly special about
them.

2)  Good.  The sensible heating/cooling energy should be the same for any
supply temperature (as long as the supply temperature makes sense - heating
supply temp greater than zone heating setpoint, for example).  The goal of
purchased air is to be an ideal system that meets the zone load.

Mike

On 20 Aug 2006 at 13:41, Clarice Bleil de Souza wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
>   Just a couple of questions related to Purchased Air objects.
>
>   1) When I build a compact system using purchased air and I run a calculation
> to expand the object I noticed that EPlus assigns automatically defaults
> settings for the supply air temperatures (heating and cooling) as well as for
> the supply air humidity ratio (heating and cooling) Are those values,
> respectively 50, 13, 0.015 and 0.01, ASHRAE recommended values? Or just common
> sense ones? Can anybody give me a light on that?
>
>   2) I was trying to run some sort of sensitivity analysis by assigning
> different settings for those parameters but noticed they didn't affect much
> the results in terms of Zone/sys sensible heating / cooling energy. I got
> differences around +-100W for cooling supply temperatures with 8deg. as well
> as for heating supply temperatures with 60deg. In the peak hour of the design
> days. Is that what generally happens? Or those ranges seem to be specific for
> my building? I just tried to exagerate those setting to see how much they
> would matter. Can anybody give me some piece of advice on that one as well?
>
>   Thanks a lot for the help again
>
>   Regards,
>
>   Clarice

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support