Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Thermal Comfort and Natural Ventilation

 The EnergyPlus Airflownetwork model only calculates the bulk flows in and out
of each zone.  It does not calculate local air velocities.  For your purpose,
it will be necessary to obtain hourly (or timestep if you prefer) output from
the airflownetwork simulation, then make your own calculation of local air
velocities for each PEOPLE object based on the flow rates, opening sizes and
zone volumes.  The air velocities can then be fed back into the PEOPLE object
using SCHEDULE:FILE:COMMA.

Mike

On 6 Sep 2006 at 1:07, colotupper wrote:

> I am modelling a space with Natural Ventilation using Airflow Networks
> and I would like to look at thermal comfort in the spaces.  I believe
> you specify your thermal comfort model under the PEOPLE command.
> Here, I selected the Fanger model, but then I am required to input an
> air velocity schedule that the model uses for its calculations.  I
> want thermal comfort calculated based on the natural ventilation that
> occurs in the space.  I can't schedule the air velocity, because
> that's what I'm trying to model!
>
> Am I missing something here?

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support