[EnergyPlus_Support] Input of Infiltration coefficients

Dear,
I think that you understood what I want to do. But I think that it
is not a good solution to input all these coefficients as schedule.
Considering that weather data change every day, it will imply the
new schedule for every day. I wondered if it is possible to make
some kind of pre-process from the table that I made, and then use
such data for different weather conditions. I am more interesting to
input that through some kind of pre-process, and then E+ will take
the new values for both C and D for the different weather
conditions. I would like to ask you if you can give me some kind of
short help (guideline) or document, where I can read how I can do it.

Thank you in advance!

Natasa M.Djuric
--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, fred buhl <wfbuhl@...>
wrote:

> I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do. It sounds as
if you
> wish to vary the
> C and D infiltration coefficients (which are now fixed inputs)
during
> the simulation as a
> function of outdoor weather conditions. That isn't currently
possible.
> Since the infiltration
> rate can be scheduled, wouldn't a better approach be to use a
> spreadsheet to calculate from
> the weather file and your table values of the infiltration flow
rate
> (m3/s) for each hour of
> the simulation and input these via the schedule in the
infiltration
> object  (with of course
> A=1, all other coeffs = 0).
>
> natasamdj wrote:
>
> >Dear,
> >I would like to ask you how I can make inputs for some of the
> >parameters. I am going to explain what about I am wandering now.
> >have been comparing the real window properties with the
EnergyPlus
> >widow model. My aim is to calibrate or adjust the EnergyPlus
model
> >with the data that I can find or obtain. Actually I know the U
value
> >(from producer specification) for the real widow and then through
> >optimization in GenOpt I adjusted the conductivity of the window
in
> >EnergyPlus.
> >The similar optimization I had repeated for the infiltration
> >coefficients C and D. C multiplies wind speed, while D multiplies
> >wind speed on square. These coefficients are from EnergyPlus
model
> >for the infiltration. I had been performing several optimizations
> >for different outdoor temperatures and wind speeds. Now I have
the
> >table with the different coefficients C and D, for different wind
> >speed and outdoor temperature.
> >I think that the infiltration changes with the different outdoor
> >conditions. I would like to use that table as the input for the C
> >and D in the infiltration model. Actually, when EnergyPlus use
the
> >weather file, then regarding to the outdoor conditions (outdoor
> >temperature and wind speed), infiltration model has to choose the
> >value for both C and D from the table.
> >My question is: how to import for C and D data from the table? I
> >think that it is not difficult to make a program in MatLab for
> >example that chooses the value for the coefficients. I do not
know
> >how to connect all this in EnergyPlus. Can you give me some
> >guideline how to connect these files, Weather File, idf, the
table
> >with the coefficients, and a Mat file? I tried to find some
> >explanation in help, but I could not find. Also, if you think
that
> >it is better to import the data for the coefficients through some
> >another program you can suggest me.
> >
> >Thank you in advance!
> >
> >Natasa M.Djuric
> >

> >The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
> >http://www.energyplus.gov
> >
> >The group web site is:
> >
> >Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
appropriate folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.