Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Problem in Sensible Cooling Rate

On 2 Oct 2006 at 5:19, sdep1017 wrote:

> 1. How can we find out the construction gains then?

It gets messy, because of the way the components interact.

> 2. In a simple zone with windows and conditioned by purchased
> heating, is construction loads = heating cooling loads - space
> gains - window loads - infiltration & ventilation loads ?

This is probably the best approach, however, there are time-lag issues for heat
gains vs. loads.  For example, the radiant portion of internal loads is
reported as a heat gain at hour 9, but it's impact on the zone cooling load may
be spread over the next several hours.  So, this is only an estimate of the
contribution of the building envelope, and it must be done on the order of days
or months rather than hourly.

Mike