Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Ground Temperature Calculation

Dru and Michael,
    as well explained in the energyplus_support webpage I succeeded in converting a weather .bin file downloaded for the DOE2 web site into an .epw file. I went through this process for the weatehr file of the city of Milan.
I checked the .stat file generated by ePlus weather converter and it contains the Global AVG values for the solar radiation (also contained in the ITA_Milan_IWEC.epw which is not running properly with the RunSlab batch file either).
Then, according to the readme file for converting DOE-2 .bin file into .fmt, I made the small adjustements in the .epw file to fix the few information lost in the conversion.
I run both my slab file.idf and the example ePlus SlabExample.idf with the new weatherfile .epw, and still I have the same problems. The .gdt file appears like the following one:

 CHECK CONVERGENCE MESSAGE AT END OF THIS FILE!
   Monthly Slab Outside Face Temperatures, C and Heat Fluxes(loss), W/(m^2)
 Perimeter Area: 29.00  Core Area: 210.25
       Month   TAverage   TPerimeter    TCore      TInside AverageFlux PerimeterFlux CoreFlux
          1          N         N            N       18.00          N           N           N
          2          N         N            N       18.00          N           N           N
          3          N         N            N       18.00          N           N           N
          4          N         N            N       20.00          N           N           N
          5          N         N            N       20.00          N           N           N
          6          N         N            N       20.00          N           N           N
          7          N         N            N       22.00          N           N           N
          8          N         N            N       22.00          N           N           N
          9          N         N            N       22.00          N           N           N
         10          N         N            N       22.00          N           N           N
         11          N         N            N       20.00          N           N           N
         12          N         N            N       20.00          N           N           N

OTHER SIDE COEFFICIENT OBJECT EXAMPLE FOR IDF FILE
 OtherSideCoefficients,
 ExampleOSC,                !- OtherSideCoeff Name ***CHANGE THIS!***
 0,                         !- Combined convective/radiative film coefficient
 1,                         !- N2,User selected Constant Temperature {C}
 1,                         !- Coefficient modifying the user selected constant temperature
 0,                         !- Coefficient modifying the external dry bulb temperature
 0,                         !- Coefficient modifying the ground temperature
 0,                         !- Coefficient modifying the wind speed term (s/m)
 0,                         !- Coefficient modifying the zone air temperature
                            !  part of the equation
 GroundTempCompactSchedName; !- Name of Schedule for values of const
                            ! temperature. Schedule values replace N2.
                            !  ***REPLACE WITH CORRECT NAME***

SCHEDULE:COMPACT,
MonthlyAveSurfaceTemp, !Name
Temperature ,            !- ScheduleType
Through:   1/31,
For:AllDays,
Until:24:00,
 NaN      ,
Through:   2/28,
For:AllDays,
Until:24:00,
 NaN      ,
Through:   3/31

[...]

For:AllDays,
Until:24:00,
 NaN      ,
Through:  11/30,
For:AllDays,
Until:24:00,
 NaN      ,
Through:  12/31,
For:AllDays,
Until:24:00,
 NaN      ;

  Convergence has been gained.

And the .ger file keeps on reporting:

Program Version,GroundTempCalc - Slab, Version .6
   ************* GroundTempCalc Completed Successfully-- 0 Warning; 0 Severe Errors; Elapsed Time=00hr 02min 12sec

Thanks for your help.
--Davide
Davide Dell'Oro, MSc MEng
Ph.D. student researcher

Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
1 Cyclotron Road - Mail Stop 90-3111
Berkeley, CA 94720 - U.S.A.
T. +1 (510) 486 4146
F.  +1 (510) 486 4089
e-mail: DDellOro@xxxxxxx

Politecnico di Milano - Department B.E.S.T.
Via Ponzio, 31/a - 20133 Milano - Italy
Cell. +39 3403007874
e-mail: davide.delloro@xxxxxxxxx