Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Alternate Modeling Processes

Hi Linda,

  On page 304 of the Engineering Manual, where UCSD Displacement Ventilation is discussed, there is an expression for the total vertical airflow for a given height when multiple (n) plumes are present.  They have n^(1/3) along with the buoyancy flux which is B^(1/3).  I agree with B^(1/3) but I wonder if n should just be n and not n^(1/3).

  Thanks for your help.  (I hope this makes sense.)

Linda Lawrie <linda@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          Give us some more details on what you think is wrong -- this is the
forum to ask the question.

At 06:44 AM 10/28/2006, Judith Peters wrote:
> I am doing some research involving the Room Air Models for
> EnergyPlus and have a question about the flow rate for multiple
> plumes expression in the Engineering Manual. I think there is an
> error in that particular formulation. Can you tell me who I should contact?

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list
Member: EnergyPlus Development Team