Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Night Ventilation Setback

Please review the field definitions in the Input Output Reference (starting on
p. 323, pdf p. 361).  For ventilation flow regardless of outdoor and indoor
conditions, the delta temp should be -99, and min temp should be -99.  Check
the outdoor temperature and wind speed limits, and also the flow coefficients
should be 1,0,0,0.  If this does not fix the problem, please upload the input
file or send as a zipped attachment to energy-plus@xxxxxxxx

Mike

On 3 Nov 2006 at 19:35, elizabeth.ricker wrote:

> Hi,
>    I am looking at modeling a single zone "building" that uses simple
> ventilation to supply 4.5m/s during the day and 1.5 m/s of air at
> night to cycle the air in the building. The inside temperature is held
> constant with an electric heater and the outside temperature varies
> for the day of the year (this is a one year simulation). When I try to
> use the simple ventilation input with natural ventilation at 4.5 m/s,
> a minimum temperature of 0, a delta temperature of 0, and a fraction
> schedule that uses 1 for the daytime and .3333 for the nightime I get
> output that is inconsistent.  It gives me airflow rates for random
> hours of the day, but not for others, and I can't find a discernable
> pattern between those times when I have air flow and when I dont.  Am
> I missing something regarding the ventilation algorithm?  Or the
> mechanism for activating ventilation?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Betsy

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support