Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] thermostatic control

The simple answer is "no".  The EnergyPlus thermostat is an ideal thermostat
which will control exactly to the setpoint if the system is capable of meeting
the load.

If the zone is cooling off too quickly during the night setback, this has
nothing to do with the thermostat.  Too little mass, or too much infiltration
(compared to the real case) would drive this.

If the zone recovers from setback too quickly in the morning, perhaps the real
equipment capacity is not as large as in the simulation model.

Mike

On 10 Nov 2006 at 13:05, Roberto Lollini wrote:

> I am simulating a 3 stores building with very low insulation level and
> an heating system with boiler and aluminum radiator (BASEBOARD
> HEATER:Water:convective). I set a single heating setpoint thermostatic
> zone control for the three conditioned zones (one each floor) and
> nothing for other uncontrolled zones (stairs, technical zones). Heating
> setpoint is 0°C (system switched off) during the night and 20 °C during
> the day. The real building I am simulating is also monitored by a data
> acquisition system collecting indoor and weather parameters. The
> question regards the indoor air temperature: the up (from 0 to 20 °C)
> and down (from 20 to 0 °C) slope in the simulation are sharper than in
> the real working conditions and the temperature pattern during the day
> is perfectly on the setpoint temperature in the simulation and only
> around the setpoint in the real working conditions (with waver of a
> couple of degree: from 19 to 21 °C). Is there a way to define a more
> real thermostat in EnergyPlus (the one so far simulated is too
> theoretical, too perfect!).
>
> Thank you very much for any suggestion.
>
> Roberto
>
> PS I have just uploaded the idf file I am using

> _____
> ITC-CNR
> Istituto per le Tecnologie della Costruzione del Consiglio Nazionale delle
> Ricerche
> Construction Technologies Institute of the National Research Council
> www.itc.cnr.it
> via Lombardia, 49
> 20098 San Giuliano Milanese (MI), Italy
> tel +39 02 9806 215
> fax +39 02 9828 0088
> e.mail r.lollini@xxxxxxxxxx

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support