From: "taozus" <taozo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 10:59:47
To:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] question about Infiltration Sensible Heat Loss

Hi everybody,
 I made a simulation for a building with heavy walls in italian
 climate, and I got 75731 MJ for Infiltration Sensible Heat Loss.
 Then I re-made the simulation using the very same conditions, except
 for the weight of the walls (I defined some heavy materials such
 bricks using the MATERIAL:REGULAR-R, keeping the same thermal
 resistance and the same absorptances).
 I got a Infiltration Sensible Heat Loss of 79648 MJ, which is greater
 than the previous one.
 I'm confused: I thought that the infiltration losses would just be the
 same. Aren't they the result of (internal Temp - external Temp) * air
 heat capacity * Design Volume Flow Rate * time ?
 Actually it doesn't seem so, since the infiltration heat loss changes
 if I change the walls features...

 Can anybody explain me how the Infiltration Sensible Heat Loss is
 actually calculated?
 the output-input reference is not very clear about that: it just says:

 > Zone Infiltration Sensible Heat Loss [J]
 > The sensible (temperature) heat loss that occurs when the
 infiltration air temperature (outdoor) < zone air temperature.

 thanx a lot.
 Matteo.