Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Radiator mass

There is no direct way to model this.  The best I can suggest is to estimate
the rate of heat release from the idle baseboard and add this energy to the
zone using an OTHER EQUIPMENT or HOT WATER EQUIPMENT with a schedule that
models the decay.  This is useful for determining is this quantity of heat is
enough to produce the expected zone temperature profile.  But it will not be
very useful for a long-term simulation where this effect needs to be added only
if the heating system was operating at the end of the day.  And it will not add
load to the boiler.

Mike

On 14 Dec 2006 at 9:53, Roberto Lollini wrote:

> Dear alls, I am simulating a building with an heating plant made of a
> boiler and aluminum radiators. When I switch off the boiler the indoor
> air temperature decay is more fast than in the real working conditions
> (there is a very sharp initial decay and then the trend is quite similar
> between real data and simulated ones, but some degrees lower for the
> simulation). I would like to input in the simulation also the mass of
> the radiators and relative water content (that remain hot for a certain
> period after the boiler switching off), but I cannot find any suitable
> parameter in the baseboard object or others. Any suggestion?
>
> Thank you very much. Roberto

> ITC-CNR
> Istituto per le Tecnologie della Costruzione del Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche
> Construction Technologies Institute of the National Research Council
> www.itc.cnr.it
> via Lombardia, 49
> 20098 San Giuliano Milanese (MI), Italy
> tel +39 02 9806 215
> fax +39 02 9828 0088
> e.mail r.lollini@xxxxxxxxxx

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.
>
> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx