Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] + E+ capability

Yes to all of these except the following:

No phase change materials in the current version, but this should be available
in the April 2007 release.

No wind towers.

No vegetation cooling.

No subsoil heat exchanger, but one is in development for the September 2007
release.

Mike

On 13 Dec 2006 at 9:27, Farshad Nasrollahi wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I will be glad if you answer my following questions:
> 1- Has E+ capability of modeling underground stories (basement) and underground courtyards?
> 2- Has E+ capability of modeling a building with thermal storage materials (such as some filled water drums or even phase change materials) for storing the thermal energy from day for night or from summer for winter?
> 3- Has E+ capability of modeling passive cooling methods such as evaporating cooling, cooling with wind towers (wind+ water), vegetation cooling (evaporation etc.)?
> 4- Has E+ capability of modeling building with subsoil heat exchanger?
> Thank you
>
> Farshad

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.
>
> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx