From: Pedro Rodrigo <pedromanuelrc@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 18:01:43
To:Foro ENERGYPLUS <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Problems with fancoil simulation

Hi all:

 I still have problems with the simulation of a two-pipe fancoil system in a mono-zone building model.
 I have corrected the cooling coil design humidity ratios as suggested by Miguel Ángel Pascual. Also,
 I have monitored the coils operation with the reported variables "Total Water Heating Coil Rate" and "Total Water Cooling Coil Rate" and have used the dual setpoint with deadband thermostat control as suggested by Michael J. Witte.

 In the dual setpoint with deadband control, when I define the heating and cooling setpoints as constant values for the 24 hours of the day (heating setpoint=21ºC - cooling setpoint=24ºC), the model works fine. However, when I define different setpoints for the day and night operation (heating day setpoint=21ºC - heating night setpoint=15ºC - cooilng day setpoint=24ºC - cooling night setpoint=30ºC) , the fancoil system doesn´t work (total water heating and cooling coil rates are zero for the entire simulation).
 Am I doing something wrong?

 Pedro Manuel Rodrigo Cruz
 Universidad de Jaén

 LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.