[EnergyPlus_Support] Parametric envelope studies

We are carrying out some parametric building envelope studies here in
Botswana (Southern Africa) as part of a project to improve energy
efficiency in buildings. I believe that a lot of these type of studies
must have been done for different climates. Is there anyone out there
who has been collating the results of these studies or has references
to these study results. The reason I ask is that the results of some
of the parametric runs we have done are quite surprising and go
against what you normally get as advise on energy efficient envelope
design. E.g. Orientation has very little effect on energy consumption,
Use of double glazing and low-e glazing has very little effect. Use of
massive walls or roofs is beneficial for the heating season but has no
effect for the cooling season.