Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Fwd: Usage of chilled water return to supply another system

How many chilled water coils are there in the two HVAC systems?  When WB<57 is
the second chilled water coil inactive?

If there is just one chilled water coil in each HVAC system, you could try the
following:

On the chilled water demand side inlet branch, put a pipe then a chilled water
coil in series.  This chilled water coil serves the main HVAC system.

Then have a chilled water demand splitter with a chilled water coil and bypass
pipe in parallel.  This chilled water coils serves the second HVAC system.

Use a schedule such as Rich described below to turn off the second chilled
water coil when WB<57.  See SCHEDULE:FILE:COMMA.

I am not sure if this will really work - you may get errors.

If you need more chilled water coils in parallel (served directly by the
chiller), then I do not think that you will be able to model this with current
plant capabilities.

Mike

On 23 Jan 2007 at 11:31, Richard Raustad wrote:

> You might try creating an availability schedule from your weather file
> that has 8760 entries. If outdoor WB > 57 schedule value = 1 else
> schedule value = 0. Then apply this schedule as the availability
> schedule for the equipment in the other HVAC system. Not sure if this
> will work though.
>
> miaoworld wrote:
>
> > Has anyone had any suggestions on this?
> >
> > --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > <mailto:EnergyPlus_Support%40yahoogroups.com>, "miaoworld"
> > <eric.yang@...> wrote:
> >
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I am not sure whether how to model this system correctly:
> > The chiller is supplying 42 F chilled water with 54 F return. When
> > outside air web bulb temperature is above 57 F, part of the return
> > chilled water (54 F) is applied to another HVAC system as chilled
> > water supply.
> >
> > When outside air web bulb temperature is below 57 F, the return
> > chilled water goes back to the chiller.
> >
> > My initial thought is to build a separate case for the condition
> > above 57F, which specifies the returned chilled water as an inlet for
> > another HVAC system.

> > Thanks.
> >
> > Eric (Miao)
> >
> > --- End forwarded message ---
> >

> --
> Richard A. Raustad
> Senior Research Engineer
> Florida Solar Energy Center
> University of Central Florida
> 1679 Clearlake Road
> Cocoa, FL  32922-5703
> Phone:   (321) 638-1454
> Fax:     (321) 638-1439 or 1010
> Visit our web site at: http://www.fsec.ucf.edu
>
> UCF - From Promise to Prominence: Celebrating 40 Years

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.
>
> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx