[EnergyPlus_Support] Engineering Reference doubt

Dear all:
I?ve had doubts reading the Engineering Reference
document:

What is it referred to when it?s said
building-system-plant.  I understand building,
literally is the edification I?m working with; system,
I think is a system which provides energy in some way
to a zone (a ventilation system, for example) and
plant, what ?plant? refers to?

There is an summary of  the predictor-corrector
procedure. In the first point it?s said :

- Using equation (3), an estimate is made of the
system energy required to balance the
equation with the zone temperature equal to the
setpoint temperature.

To balance which equation? The same equation (3)?

- With that quantity as a demand, the system is
simulated to determine its actual
supply capability at the time of the simulation. This
will include a plant simulation if
necessary.

The problem here is my confusion of what a plant
refers to.

Thanks a lot.