Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Suggestion for glare index reporting

You can report maximum glare index using REPORT:TABLE:MONTHLY.

You can also use REPORT:TABLE:TIMEBINS to determine the number of hours the
glare index was not met.  Set the upper limit of the bin range to equal the
glare index setpoint, and then the last column will report the number of hours
greater than that value.

Assuming your shading devices can completely cover the window, there should not
be any hours where the glare index was not met.  If I understand the control
algorithm correctly, it first checks for glare levels, then deploys shades as
needed, then simluates for that timestep.  So, the only times the glare index
limit would not be met would be if the shades cannot fully close (in the case
of blinds) or the shades are not dark enough or do not cover all windows.

Mike

On 5 Feb 2007 at 16:13, carlosochoam wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have been simulating the influence of dynamic shading devices on
> overall electrical consumption, using monthly data reporting.
>
> As might have been expected, when using the control "shading device on
> if high glare", the electrical consumption for lighting rose. But the
> reported DGI's are averaged, so absolute numbers are well below the
> index that triggered the control.
>
> Therefore, as a suggestion, would it be possible to include a reporting
> variable that indicates when daylight glare index was not met, as well
> as the maximum glare index?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Carlos

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.
>
> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx