From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of eric.mcmaster
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 3:15 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Solar Walls?

Hello,

I am currently working on a project which involves
analyzing the effects of retrofit opportunities applied to commercial
office buildings.

One of the Retrofit opportunities I am attempting to model is a
Passive Solar wall. I have, up to now been using the assistance of the
third party Interface program "DesignBuilder" to aid me in the
development of my EnergyPlus Model and to this point I have been able
to produce a building with a Solar Wall that only contributes to the
natural ventilation of the building.

I am looking for assistance in using the Solar wall within the
mechanical ventilation system directly, to be used primarily as a
pre-heating system. What are the entry point that would need to be
altered
within the IDF file in order to define the necessary connections that
would make the air within the solar wall feed directly into the
HVAC system.

Any help you would be able give me would be greatly appreciated and if
you need further details on my modelling please let me know.

Thank You

Eric