From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael J.
Witte
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 6:28 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] program crashed after adding Induction
unit

I have reproduced the crash (after modifying the input to stay within
the
standard max/min limits in EnergyPlus). It is related to the plant
flows, but
I do not see the problem in the input. I will ask someone else for help.

Mike

On 12 Feb 2007 at 17:12, miaoworld wrote:

> [...]
>

> SINGLE DUCT:CONST VOLUME:4 PIPE INDUC,
> 119113 FPIU, !- Name of unit
> COMPACT HVAC-ALWAYS 1, !- System availability schedule
> autosize, !- Maximum total air volume flow rate
> {m3/s}
> 2.0, !- Induction ratio
> 119113 Zone Equip Inlet, !- Terminal unit supply air inlet
> node
> 119113 ATU Induc Node, !- Terminal unit induced air inlet
> node
> 119113 In Node, !- Terminal unit air outlet node
> 119113 Reheat Coil HW Inlet, !- Hot water control node
> 119113 Cooling Coil CW Inlet,!- Cold water control node
> COIL:Water:SimpleHeating,!- Heating coil object
> 119113 Reheat Coil, !- Heating coil name
> autosize, !- Max hot water flow {m3/s}
> 0.00001, !- Min hot water flow {m3/s}
> 0.002, !- Heating Convergence Tolerance
> COIL:Water:Cooling, !- Cooling coil object
> 119113 Cooling Coil, !- Cooling coil name
> autosize, !- Max cold water flow {m3/s}
> 0.00001, !- Min cold water flow {m3/s}
> 0.002, !- Cooling Convergence Tolerance
> 119113 Zone Mixer; !- Zone mixer component name
>
> ZONE MIXER,
> 119113 Zone Mixer, !- Mixer Name
> 119113 Return Outlet, !- Zone Outlet_Node (outlet for ATU)
> 119113 Zone Equip Inlet,!- Inlet_Node_1
> 119113 Cooling coil air outlet; !- Inlet_Node_2 CW coil air
> outlet
>
> ZONE RETURN AIR PATH,
> 119113 Return Path, !- Return Air Path Name
> 119113 Return Outlet, !- Return Air Path Outlet Node
> ZONE MIXER, !- KEY--System Component Type 1
> 119113 Zone Mixer; !- Component Name 1
>

> !add by Eric
> COIL:Water:Cooling,
> 119113 Cooling Coil, !- Coil Name
> COMPACT HVAC-ALWAYS 1, !- Available Schedule
> autosize, !- Design Water Flow Rate of Coil {m3/s}
> autosize, !- Design Air Volume Flow Rate {m3/s}
> autosize, !- Design Inlet Water Temperature {C}
> autosize, !- Design Inlet Air Temperature {C}
> autosize, !- Design Outlet Air Temperature {C}
> autosize, !- Design Inlet Air Humidity Ratio {kg-
> H2O/kg-air}
> autosize, !- Design Outlet Air Humidity Ratio {kg-
> H2O/kg-air}
> 119113 Cooling Coil CW Inlet, !- Coil_Water_Inlet_Node
> 119113 Cooling Coil CW Outlet, !- Coil_Water_Outlet_Node
> 119113 Supply Inlet, !- Coil_Air_Inlet_Node
> 119113 Cooling coil air outlet, !- Coil_Air_Outlet_Node
> SimpleAnalysis, !- Type of Analysis
> CrossFlow; !- Heat Exchanger Configuration
>

> !Add by Eric
> BRANCH,
> 119113 Cooling Coil CW Branch, !- Branch Name
> , !- Maximum Branch Flow Rate {m3/s}
> COIL:Water:Cooling, !- Comp1 Type
> 119113 Cooling Coil, !- Comp1 Name
> 119113 Cooling Coil CW Inlet,!- Comp1 Inlet Node Name
> 119113 Cooling Coil CW Outlet, !- Comp1 Outlet Node Name
> ACTIVE; !- Comp1 Branch Control Type"

> http://www.energyplus.gov <http://www.energyplus.gov>
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
appropriate folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable. Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and
press the "search" button.

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support