RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Confusion about Eplus output.

Dear Linda and Kooi,

I run 1ZoneEvapCooler.idf with design days and weather file. The zone has
been added quite a big load which consists of electric equipment, interior
lighting and people. For Electric equip., its design is 569W. Interior
lighting is 761.5W. The number of max number of people is 2. Kooi, are these
items what you added with standard schedules?

If you run this file using design days without interior lighting, electric
equipment and people loads, it would run without any convergence problem.
When you add the other loads using design days, it will cause the
convergence problem even with 1000 warm-up days. On the other hand if you
run this file with interior lighting, electric equipments and people loads
using weather file, then the convergence problem will disappear.

It seems like increasing warm-up days will not solve the convergence
problem. As stated in the input output reference, increasing warm-up days
will not necessarily solve a convergence problem. There may be anomalous
buildings that will have convergence problem. The additional loads are quite
large for a zone that is surrounded by construction materials with high
thermal absorptance which almost represent black bodies. This might be one
of those anomalous buildings. Even though this is a fictional building.
Therefore, the walls absorb heat from all those heat loads, and then release
it as a day wears on. The HVAC system can't cool the building enough to get
the convergence. As stated in final error summary, point 2. It would be nice
to know from which day the convergence problem occurs (summer or winter
days).

My hypothesis is not 100% correct but it makes sense to me. My hypothesis
would be a mood point if the schedules for these loads were extreme. In my
file, the schedules are standard.  Please let me know if my hypothesis was
in correct or not making sense. I am very curious what you guys think. My
original problems were Eplus output and air loop total  heating and cooling
energies that don't make sense. I solved the output problem, thanks to Brent
Griffith, but the air loop total heating and cooling energies problem still
persist......

Thank you for your time and help, I appreciate them greatly.

Albert Sitorus.

>From: "kooi" <kooi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Confusion about Eplus output.
>Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 12:54:04 +0800
>
>My apologies, if my earlier message was not specific enough. Part of the
>error message I got from the err file, using Denver weather file was
>

>Loads Initialization did not Converge
>
>    ************* ..1) very high thermal mass such as very thick concrete
>(solution: increase max number of warmup
>
>    ************* ..   days in the BUILDING object);
>

>I changed the warm up days in the BUILDING object to 1000 but the above
>persisted.
>

>Kind regards
>
>ooi

Intro*Terms

http://us.click.yahoo.com/hOt0.A/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/dkFolB/TM

Yahoo! Groups - Join or create groups, clubs, forums &amp; communities. Links