[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: need Guild and Help using GenOpt

I have worked quite a bit with GenOpt and E+ together I agree that
it can be challenging.  Is this the first time you have tried to
start the optimization?

I had a similar problem as you describe below and I found that it
was a problem with the installation.  I would first try to change
the E+ folder name to remove the version notes from the name i.e.
change "EnergyPlusV1-3-0" to something like "EnergyPlus." It seems
like I had less problems when the output path name was the same as
the folder name.  I personally accommplished this through
reinstallation of the program and changing the folder during re-
istallation.  I know this doesn't seem to matter but that fixed my
initial problems.

If that doesn't work, there is most likely one path that is not
correctly defined in the ini file or in the environmental variables
paths.  They should read as below:

name: SET CLASSPATH
Value: SET CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;.;C:\Program Files\Java\go_prg

name: SET PATH
value: SET PATH=%PATH%;C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_06\bin

as read from control panel, system properties, advanced, envr
variables.

Good luck.

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "sreeram07"
<sreeram07@...> wrote:

> Friends,
> i need some help. My objective for now is to get some results
using
> GenOpt. i have completed a building drawing using DesignBuilder. i
have
> created the .idf.
> Now i have the .idf file,_template.idf file, command.txt file,
the .ini file.
> is this all i need to run and obtain results in GenOpt?
> i am facing some problem regarding the batch file (RunEPlus.bat).
after
> running my simulation, i get an error msg ...
> {~'terrace' is my file name~}
>
> Current command
String: 'cmd /x /c "start /DC:\EnergyPlus /WAIT /MIN

http://us.click.yahoo.com/0It09A/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/dkFolB/TM