[EnergyPlus_Support] Outside reveal shadowing

Dear EnergyPlus users,

I want to see the effect in solar gains of placing a window in the outer or
in the inner surface of a wall with 0.45 m thickness.
>From what I've seen in the engineering reference, this is related with the
outside reveal depth (ORD), which is calculated from the inside reveal depth
(IRD) that we input and from the wall thickness (WT) and glazing thickness
(GT).
As far as I understood, ORD = WT - IRD - GT, since ORD and IRD are measured
from the outside and inside glazing surfaces until the respective wall
surfaces.

So for changing the glazing position between the inner and outer wall
surfaces we should change the IRD value. The problem is that changing this
value from its default (0), EnergyPlus crashes.
Isn't by default EnergyPlus considering the glazing in the outer surface? (I
think is not consistent with IRD=0 by default...)

Did anyone try to analyse a similar problem? Is there anything else that
should be changed?

Thank you in advance.

Renato Sousa

Tel: +351 919 316 221 | E-mail: renato.sousa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

FluidInova, Engenharia de Fluidos, SA

TECMAIA - Parque de Ciência e Tecnologia da Maia

Rua Engº Frederico Ulrich, nº 2650 | 4470-605 Moreira da Maia | Portugal

Tel: +351 229 408 265 | Fax: +351 229 408 266

E-mail:  <mailto:geral@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> geral@xxxxxxxxxxxxx | Web:
www.fluidinova.pt/