Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] zone electricity outputs

The ZONE: meters only include zone internal gains objects such as light and
electric equipment.

If the HVAC systems are air loop systems, then there are REPORT VARIABLES which
will serve your purpose named "Air Loop Fan Electric Consumption", "Air Loop DX
Cooling Coil Electric Consumption", etc.  These variables will report for each
AIR PRIMARY LOOP object.

If the HVAC systems are zone equipment, then consult the report variables for
the particular equipment type, or you may have to use component-level report
variables such as "Fan Electric Power".  Be sure to consult the Input Output
Reference for complete definitions of each report variable.

Mike

On 12 Mar 2007 at 16:52, Monica Paciuk wrote:

> Thanks Linda for your prompt answer. With
>
> Report Meter, Electricity:Zone:*,monthly;
>
> I can report Electricity for each zone but when I try to ask for end uses
> such as heating I get the following warning
>
> "Requested Report Meter not found=HEATING:ELECTRICITY:ZONE:* "
>
> Any suggestion how I can get the zone electricity report for the different end
> uses?
>
> Monica
>

> At 04:06 AM 3/12/2007 -0700, you wrote:
>
> >They are on the meter: Electricity:Zone:<zone name>
> >
> >Or you can ask for the
> >
> >Report Meter, Electricity:Zone:*,monthly;
> >
> >to get all of them.
> >
> >Remember, you can look at the .mtd file to see what is on each meter
> >and make sure this is the reporting that you want.
> >
> >At 04:57 AM 3/12/2007, pacmon2004 wrote:
> >
> > >I am running a simulation of a building with 16 zones, each one with
> > >its own HVAC system. I am looking for a way to output a monthly report
> > >of electricity use for heating, cooling, fans and lighting for each
> > >zone, but all I get is a monthly report for the building. How can I
> > >report a breakdown by zones?
> >
> >Linda
> >
> >EnergyPlus WebSite: <http://www.energyplus.gov>http://www.energyplus.gov
> >Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list
> >Member: EnergyPlus Development Team

> Dr. Monica Paciuk
> National Building Research Institute
> Technion - Israel Institute of Technology
> Haifa 32000
> ISRAEL
> Tel. 972 4 829 3120
> Fax. 972 4 832 4534

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support